Meet The 2015 -2016 National All-American Miss Pre-Teen Demi Remolador!

NAM: Tell us about yourself:
Demi: My name is Demi Remolador and I am from Henderson, Nevada.
I love to sing, dance, act, model, swim, play with my dog & brothers, volunteer, and love to make people laugh! One of my goals this year is to have every single person I meet, spread a smile across their face. :)




NAM: What activities are you involved in?
 Demi: Ever since I was a little girl, I was always involved in acting, singing, dancing, and modeling. These activities ended up becoming my ultimate passion and I can’t see myself doing anything else in life! At school, I’m also the President of the National Junior Honor Society.

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Demi:When I grow up, I would like to attend Juilliard and live my life as a famous performing artist. I would also like to start my own charity dedicated to Animal Rights and giving a home to as many furry friends as possible.

NAM: How would your friends describe you?
Demi: My friends would describe me as smart, kind, and funny because I make them laugh constantly!



NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
Demi: “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation” -Herman Melville. Since, I’ve been performing as an actress ever since I was the age of 4, I have definitely experienced not getting a part for an audition multiple times. This quote just reminds me that it is better to fail knowing that you tried your best and were true to yourself than to succeed and copy another person’s performance. :)

NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Demi: “Just go out there, try your best, and have fun.” These words of advice from my parents were my key to anything I ever did. It always kept me confident, yet relaxed knowing that as long as I did the best I could do in that moment, as well as had fun, everything was perfectly fine!


NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Demi: I had a coach who helped me with my walking, personal introduction, and interview. My coach would help me for an hour over Skype (my coach lives in a different state) and then assign me “homework” to practice that category until the next session. I would move the couches in my living room and make a mental note of where each judge would be if it was the stage. I would then practice my formal wear walk for about 15 minutes a day. As for intro, I’d look into the mirror and practice it while moving my head as though I was looking at the judges. I did this each day up until Nationals. For interview, I’d print out questions from the internet, ask myself the questions, and look into the mirror as though I was speaking to a judge. Sometimes, I would even record myself speaking it and then correct myself afterwards. I would ask myself a couple questions a day. 


NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Demi: I love to shop at Forever 21 and Aeropostale! Their clothes are super stylish and comfortable. What could a girl look for more in clothing? ;)

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
Demi: My first pageant started with NAM back in 2013. I was very shy & quite a “newbie” to pageants. As I went through each competition, I could sense myself gaining confidence and developing a passion for pageantry (particularly for NAM). I ended up winning the state title as a Jr. Pre-Teen my first time competing! It was an absolute blessing and a special memory that I’ll cherish forever! Because of pageants, I am now able to get up in front of a crowd and be confident in who I am as a person.

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Demi: My most prized possession is my teddy bear, Jasmine. I got Jasmine when I was very little on my first ever “Daddy-Daughter Day”. My dad got me that bear and the fact he was willing to spend his only day off hanging out with a 6 year old girl, meant the world to me.



NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Demi: I love “Big Hero 6”! “Big Hero 6” provides action, comedy, and an overall inspiring message that I love. Plus, Baymax is probably my all-time favorite Disney character! (I was actually Baymax for Halloween!)

NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Demi: My favorite TV show is “Young & Hungry”. I not only love its hilarious and dramatic commentary, but as well as its overall message that you should follow your dreams.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
Demi: My favorite book is “Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban”. I am a Harry Potter fan all around, but this book is my favorite because of how it introduces my favorite character, Serious Black. I love the crisp details in this book as well.





NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Demi: Have fun, try your best, and embrace yourself to the fullest! As long as you leave knowing you had fun, did the best you could do, and showed everyone there the great person you are, you’ll be happy & proud, regardless of the results.

NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Demi: I would be famous for singing, acting, dancing, and modeling! I have been doing this since I was 4 and it’s my passion in life!

NAM: What is your dream job?
Demi: My dream job is to be a famous performing artist. This way, I can live out my passion of dancing, singing, acting, and modeling as a career!



NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Demi: I plan to use my title as a voice for charities and causes, so that I can help bring attention to issues that need to be solved. I also plan to use my title as a way to encourage volunteerism and be a role model for young girls everywhere!

NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Demi: I volunteer with The Just One Project where each month, this non-profit organization holds an event meant to raising awareness to a charity or cause. Each month, they help a different cause instead of always focusing on one idea and encourage children to volunteer! They call these volunteers, just like myself, The Just One Juniors.

NAM: What is your most embarrassing moment?
Demi: I once got a huge, red zit on my nose the night before a school day. I went to school hoping no one would point it out, but sure enough, a couple people laughed and called me Rudolph. All I did was laugh along with them because I admittedly did look like Rudolph! Luckily, it was gone within a couple days, but it was still pretty embarrassing, haha!



NAM: What is your favorite subject in school?
Demi: I love English, Choir, and Science! I love how I can put my imagination into words through writing, how I can express my passion for music & singing through Choir, and how I can learn all about the world we live in through Science. I find it all very fascinating!

NAM:  If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
Demi: I would wish for a mansion that my entire family could live in, a corgi puppy because Corgis are adorable and I’ve never had one, and a 6 month long vacation that goes all around the world because I love to travel! I actually traveled to the Philippines for the first time ever this past summer and it was amazing!

NAM: What is your biggest fear?
Demi: I am terrified of paranormal activity! If I get a sense of a ghost, I get really scared! I know it’s silly, but that’s the truth!



NAM: What is the biggest misconception about your generation?
Demi: I feel the biggest misconception of my generation is that all pre-teens are ignorant and irresponsible. Of course, some pre-teens will make bad decisions, but not all of them will. There are many pre-teens who are very intelligent, respectful, kind, and responsible! There are a lot of misbehaving pre-teens, but there are a lot of well-behaved ones as well.

NAM: Who is your role model?
Demi: My role model is my oldest brother’s girlfriend, DeAnn. I’ve known DeAnn since I was four years old and we’re like sisters (she’s actually the current Miss for Nevada)! She’s always compassionate, loyal, honest, and is tons of fun to be around! I hope to be as good of person as she is when I’m older.

NAM: If you could go back in time to any historical event what would it be?
Demi: I’d want to go back in time to when the Declaration of Independence was signed. Because of this document, America was able to become its own country and did not have to be ruled by the British anymore. I feel it would be awesome to see the moment that our great nation was officially established as one.



NAM: Who is the most influential person in the world?
Demi: I’d say that the Pope is the most influential person in the world. The Pope is a public figure that millions of people look up to and seek advice from because he is representing the word of God as well as the Vatican. The Pope is a great person who definitely is a positive influence on tons of people.

NAM: If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
Demi: I would want to have dinner with Michael Jackson! The King of Pop made music that could range from upbeat to inspirational to thrilling. Not only was Michael a musical genius, but he had a heart of gold. As a child, he would donate food to the homeless and donated money to many charities throughout his career.

NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Demi: My favorite part about National American Miss is how it teaches girl to embrace simply you. NAM doesn’t change you or make you feel as though you need to have a lot of makeup and the perfect body to succeed in life. Instead, it encourages you to embrace your natural beauty and personality! NAM shows girls that you can be a future American leader just by being yourself!



NAM: How did you get started with NAM? How long have you been involved?
Demi: I got started with NAM in 2013 when I received a letter in the mail from them. I was skeptical at first, but then decided to try it after it talked about self confidence. I had an “over the phone” open-call interview and was accepted to compete! I went on to compete at the state pageant and took home the title as the 2013 Miss Nevada Jr.Pre-Teen Queen. I fell in love with NAM in an instant and have been involved for almost 3 years now!

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Demi: My definition of a NAM girl is a girl who is confident, happy, proud, caring, faithful, and inspiring. NAM teaches a girl these aspects in every single way and I’d say just about every NAM girl I’ve ever met has had these characteristics!



NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Demi: I love to spend time with my family for fun! Whether we go watch a movie, play a board game, or even just sit and laugh with each other, I love to spend time with the people who mean the world to me.






NAM: What makes your state unique?
Demi: My state is the only place in America where you can come living a normal life as an average person and then within a few hours, be married to a stranger and have a pet monkey! Las Vegas is located in Nevada, and ANYTHING can happen in that city! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

NAM: What is your favorite food?
Demi: My favorite food is a Filipino dish known as Giniling. It’s a delicious meal that consists of chopped up beef, tomato sauce, vegetables, spices, and soy sauce! I could eat that every day for the rest of my life!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
Demi: My dog, Piper and my brothers, Jake & Eric make me laugh all the time. Piper is always playful and can cheer me up in an instant if I’m ever sad, and my brothers are always there to look out for me as well as keep me company!



NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?
Demi: Honestly, in that moment so many thoughts are buzzing through your mind! I remember going down to the floor and thinking to myself, “Oh my gosh! You did it! You did it! You did it! Is this real?!? I can’t believe it! I’ve always dreamed of this happening!”. I was so speechless and happy, I burst out into tears! My face didn’t look too pretty then, but it was all worth that unforgettable moment!

NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?
Demi: People would be surprised to find out that I have a huge family! I am half filipino so most of my relatives live in the Philippines. I have 2 full- blood related siblings and 4 half-blood related siblings; I also have nieces and nephews who are actually older than me! I even have 6 uncles and 3 aunts. As for my cousins, there’s too many to count!




Comments

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. revision rhinoplasty​

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts