Featuring National American Miss Princess Hailey Stroh




NAM: Tell us about yourself:
Hailey: My name is Hailey Stroh, I am 7 years old and live in Liberty Lake, Washington.  My nickname from my family is Hailey-Bug.They have always called me their little princess because I am always kind to others, I spoke very well and proper when I was little, I would dress up in princess costumes every day, and I loved to dance any time I could and I still do.  If I could dance all day I would, it just makes me feel so happy. What I want to do for a job when I grow up is become a doctor. Ever since I was little I have been pretending to help people get better by using my doctor tools on them.  I really like to help people and be like Jesus and turn a frown into a smile.  That is also probably why my family calls me our family peacemaker because I’m always trying to make others happy and helping my siblings get along and not fight. Something else about me is that I love doing service and have had the opportunity to help the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a women and children’s shelter, my local food bank, and my grandparents Adult Family Home where they take care of the elderly.  Nothing feels better than doing kind things for others.
It is an honor to have been crowned the 2014-2015 National American Miss Princess and it still feels like a dream.   I’m so excited to get to know all of my national sister queens and learn from them.  They have already been so sweet to me and I’m excited to see them all at the national photo shoot.  I have gained so much confidence and have learned how to speak to people without being so shy.  I am so grateful for this opportunity, thank you NAM!



NAM: What activities are you involved in?
Hailey: I am involved in cheerleading, ballet, Irish dance, cooking class, and service.

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Hailey: My plans for the future include going to Brigham Young University and becoming a doctor.  I’ve been pretending to be a doctor since I was two. I really love to help people feel better and think seeing my mom get her blood drawn is so cool!

NAM How would your friends describe you?  I’m a good person and always kind to others.  In fact, I’m known as our family’s peacemaker.  I like everyone to get along and be happy.

NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
Hailey: My motto that I try to live my life by is CTR which stands for “Choose The Right.”  I am always trying to be like Jesus and do what is right.



NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Hailey: The best advice I have ever received is when my mom suggested I help the Make-A-Wish Foundation because I think it is a really great thing to help all of these kids.  Plus, it is like being a doctor in helping kids get better faster before I can be a real doctor.

NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Hailey: How I prepared is by practicing my introduction and interview questions with my family.  We didn’t know exactly how I was suppose to walk the stage for formal wear so we just had to wait until we got there and got instruction on what to do.

NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Bailey: The mall because there are all these fun toys and fun places to visit.

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
Hailey: It has helped me get involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and helped me know how to be more proper.  I am more confident now than I ever have been.  I use to be scared to talk to adults but by having to ask for sponsers to sell a page of advertising for my state pageant it helped me not be so shy and be able to talk to adults.



NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Hailey: The most important thing that I have is my family! They are my best friends and I have so much fun with them.

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Hailey: My favorite movie is Frozen because it reminds me so much of my sister and me because I use to have blond hair and my little sister has red hair that is the same color of Annas and we are best friends just like Anna and Elsa.

NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Hailey: I like Cupcake Wars because I love to bake with my mom.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
Hailey: My favorite book is Whatever After by Sarah Mlynowski.  The reason I like it is because it is funny, exciting, and at the end of each chapter it is so suspenseful that I want to keep reading.


NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Hailey: Don’t over practice, just be yourself and smile!

NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Hailey: I would love to be a famous ballerina.  I would dance all day if I could.

NAM: What is your dream job?
Hailey: My dream job is to become a doctor and help people get better.

NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Hailey: I plan to use my title by helping people by giving compliments to people and building them up and by serving in as many good causes as I can like the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the New Horizons Care Center.  I also have already been able to meet the Mayor of Liberty Lake and Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers and be able to get advice on how to be a good leader.  I can’t wait to learn from my sister queens also because they are older and wiser and I think they are so cool!


NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Hailey: I have worked with Susan G. Komen Foundation and my cheer team “Cheered for the Cure.”  I have had a “Paw Party” where my friends brought presents for the animals at SCRAPS Animal Shelter instead of for myself.  I have been blessed to be able to put together 78 “Wish Packs” for the Make-A-Wish Foundation for all the kids that wish to go on a vacation with their families.  I have also gathered almost 1,000 letters (938) letters to Santa and donated them to Macy’s department store so that they would donate $1, for every letter, to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  New Horizons Care Center is another place that I have been serving at for the past three years.  Every Christmas my parents, my four other siblings, and my grandparents work together to bring presents to all the children at the shelter.  This year there were 18 kids that we were able to help.  We do all the shopping for the kids and get to pick out what we think they would like and then we come about a week later to the shelter and my grandpa dresses up as Santa and my grandma dresses up as Mrs. Clause and we get to be Santa’s helpers and hand out the presents and play with the kids.  Another fun tradition we have had since I was a baby is going to my other grandparents Adult Family Home where they take care of the elderly.  We bring cookies, sing songs, do a talent show, and act out the Nativity for them.  It is so fun to see how happy we make them.  I am always looking for more ways I can help people because it makes me feel so good inside!

NAM:What is your favorite subject in school?
Hailey:My favorite subject in school is math because I have a great class I get to take where we get to play all of these fun games to learn math.


NAM: If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
Hailey: If I had three wishes, I would first wish for a castle.  Then I would wish for all the kids, who are sick, to get better.  My third wish would be to have magic so that I could have powers like Elsa from Frozen.

NAM: What is your biggest fear?
Hailey: My biggest fear is thinking that the monsters on Scooby Doo are real and will come get me.



NAM: Who is your role model?
Hailey: My role models are my mom and dad because they are the best people I have ever known and I look up to them.

NAM: If you could go back in time to any historical event what would it be?
Hailey: If I could go back in time I would want to live when Jesus lived so that I could help Him heal people.

NAM: Who is the most influential person in the world?
Hailey: I think it is Jesus because He was helpful and served others and teaches me how I should act.

NAM:If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
Hailey: I would want to have dinner with Esther because even though she was a queen she was kind and always thinking of others.  She even risked her life to protect others.  I think I could learn a lot about how to be a good queen from her.


NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Hailey: My favorite part about National American Miss is that it is really fun and it gives you confidence and builds you up.  I also had a lot of fun making friends.  I even made a best friend with Miss Kentucky.

NAM: How did you get started with NAM? How long have you been involved?
Hailey: How I got started in NAM is because of my older sister Natalie.  We got a letter in the mail about NAM and my sister wanted to do it but my mom said, “If it is anything like Toddlers in Tiaras we are not doing it.”  So we found out more about it and my mom said my sister could do it and asked if I would like to also.  I, of course said, “Sure!” Obviously, this was our very first experience in pageantry.  I’m so glad that our first and only experience was with NAM!

NAM:What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Hailey: It is a girl that has confidence, they are happy girls, kind, and do service for others.

NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Hailey: What I like to do for fun is pretend with my little sister that we are Anna and Elsa from the movie Frozen.  My favorite part is when I’m pretending to be asleep and my sister (Anna) opens up my eye and says, “Do you want to build a snowman?”  It kind of hurts but makes me laugh.



NAM: What makes your state unique?
Hailey: I live in Washington and I think it is the best place I have ever been except Disneyland and Hawaii.  I like how it snows in the winter and is hot in the summer and we have green pine trees all over our mountains.  It is really pretty!

NAM: What is your favorite food?
Hailey: My favorite food is strawberries because they are so juicy and yummy!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
Hailey: What makes me laugh is: my cousin Karmin; when my family sits at the table for dinner and we play the manners game (I’m always laughing when we catch someone not using their manners); when I get tickled; and when I play Fruit Basket with my family.

NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?
Hailey: My first thought was that I was so excited to be able to spend time with all the National Queens and that my family would be so excited and proud of me.

NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?
Hailey:  People would be surprised that I am homeschooled along with my four other siblings and I am in the middle of them all.  I also have tried sand boarding and Mutton Busting (riding on the back of a sheep at the fair).  The first year I tried Mutton Busting I got second place and I competed against all boys.



Comments

Popular Posts