Featuring National All-American Miss Teen Jordan Meachum!


NAM: Tell us about yourself:
Jordan: My name is Jordan Meachum, and I’m from the Peach State. I’m an 18 year old junior in high school. I love to spend time with my friends and family and try to  go to the movies at least once a week! I take Japanese as a foreign language in school, and I’ve been taking it for the past three years. In fact, last summer of 2014, I had the opportunity to travel to Japan with my classmates and explore the Japanese culture and landscape! I would go back in a heartbeat and take my family with me! It was truly an unforgettable experience. I was interviewed and selected by my teachers to be a peer leader. It’s an important responsibility because I have to help rising freshmen adjust to the high school environment by being their mentor. I love to play the violin, piano, and sing (although I’m not quite as gifted as my parents). I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and I love pageants because they are an opportunity to show the potential in everyone who participates.

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Jordan: Once I graduate high school in 2016, I’m hoping to major in Journalism and Communications because I want to be an International broadcast journalist. I want to travel all around world and observe the different cultures, art, and food! It has always been my dream since I started NAM.



NAM: How would your friends describe you?
Jordan:  My friends would definitely say I’m nice, (maybe even too nice) and that I don’t have “a mean bone in my body”! I mean, you would probably have to hit me with a bulldozer to get on my bad side. They would also say I’m eager to make friends with anyone and create long-lasting relationships with them.

NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
Jordan: My favorite quote by Henry Ford best describes me: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right”. This quote motivates me to challenge myself and try new things.



NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Jordan: Practice, Practice, Practice is the key! Being a perfectionist, I practiced my formal wear walk at least twice a day, I practiced my personal introduction in front of my mirror until I got a good grasp of it, and my mom focuses on interview, so she would ask me questions anytime or anywhere.

NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Jordan: My favorite place to shop is definitely Bath and Body Works! I love walking in there and buying new scents. Just last week, I bought the shower gel and body lotion of “Mad About You”. It smells amazing! If anyone plans a trip to Bath and Body Works, be sure to invite me!



NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Jordan: My prized possession? Definitely my little yorkie Sammie! She’s been a part of my family for ten years, and though I think she hates my guts most of the time, she definitely has her loving moments with me.

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Jordan: My favorite movie and broadway show is definitely Phantom of the Opera! I love the romantic plot and the music! I’m so obsessed with it. I try to sing opera like the characters but fail miserably. I own the movie, soundtrack, and the monkey playing music box.



NAM: What is your favorite book?
Jordan: I’m an Agatha Christie fan! She’s “The Queen of Crime”, so one of my favorite novels by her is And Then There Were None. Seriously, girls, this is a great book, but I’m not going to spoil it for you! So, no details!

NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Jordan: My advice for future NAM girls would be: “every opportunity is an experience worth taking!” National American Miss has changed my life in numerous ways in which I will be forever grateful for. I’m 125% positive they can do the same for our future NAMily. Now’s the chance to sparkle on stage, ladies. Literally!



NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Jordan: Even though I fail miserably, I would LOVE to be a famous opera singer like Sarah Brightman and Sierra Boggess! See the connection? They both played Christine Daae in Phantom of the Opera! Remember, I’m obsessed!

NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Jordan: I plan to use my title to be a positive role model and to be an inspiration, not just for young ladies, but for everyone! I plan to promote the National American Miss system in anyway I can because of the confidence it has instilled in me.



NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Jordan: I volunteer with Georgia’s Campaign for Adolescent Power and Potential. It was started by the very famous Jane Fonda in 1996, and its original purpose was to prevent teen pregnancies. While we still focus on pregnancy prevention, we also focus on the overall physical and mental health of teens. We set up booths at popular festivals in Atlanta to promote our platform, and I have participated in classrooms with actual teen moms to discuss ways to prevent becoming pregnant again and focus more on their education. Being a part of this campaign, I have had the privilege of interviewing Miss Jane Fonda herself and Dr. Sanjay Gupta!

NAM:  If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
Jordan: If I had three wishes, my first wish would be to own every single scent made in Bath and Body Works. My second wish would be to communicate with my little yorkie Sammie and figure out why she keeps biting me! And my third wish would be to always keep a positive attitude in everything I do.



NAM: If you could go back in time to any historical event what would it be?
Jordan: Sign me up for the Roaring 20’s! After reading The Great Gatsby, I realized that the 1920’s was a time for music, fashion, and technology. It was a time for women rights, and I love the flapper girl outfits too!

NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Jordan:  My favorite part about National American Miss is creating the life-long friendships with girls not only from different parts of Georgia, but also around the country. Some of my best friends, with whom I was a state queen in 2012, live in New York and Florida. Last week, I had a two hour Skype chat with my New Yorker Marivi, and texted my Sunshine State girls Meghan and Amber! I can’t wait to visit them! Olivia, who was the National Cover Miss Jr. Teen in 2012, is my sister queen twin! We had lunch and went shopping over Christmas break. We still keep in contact, and all my girls were watching the national pageant when I won. I love them very much.


NAM: How did you get started with NAM? How long have you been involved?
Jordan: I started NAM when I was 13 years old- Wow! 5 years! I received a flyer in the mail, and I thought, “Hey! I want to do this!”. I called my mom immediately after reading, and it turns out my mom had been throwing previous flyers away because she thought I wouldn’t be interested in doing a pageant. Good thing I got the mail that day, huh? After my very first NAM Georgia state pageant, I made top 20 and was crowned the 2010 Georgia Jr. Teen Covergirl. I was hooked on NAM ever since!

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Jordan: My definition of a NAM girl is someone who’s not afraid to try new things; she challenges herself all the while keeping a positive mindset. A NAM girl is someone who believes she can make a difference while wearing high heels!



NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Jordan: I love to text, Instagram, and Facebook! Follow me on Instagram @missmeachum!

NAM: What makes your state unique?
Jordan: Georgia is well known for its kind people and southern hospitality. “Our home is your home!”. The sweet tea is not bad either!



NAM: What is your favorite food?
Jordan:  My favorite food is Chilli-Spaghetti. Yes, it’s exactly how you think it looks. I just cook some pasta noodles and pour my famous chili right on top. It’s like Steak n’ Shake, but mine is 10,000 times better!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
 NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?
Jordan: I believe my very first thought when I captured the All-American Teen title was “Jordan, stop screaming!” All of the photos taken of my crowning moment are of me with my mouth wide open. It’s pretty funny, and my mom still imitates my 
crowning moment!



NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?
Jordan: I think people would be surprised to know that I’ve overcome challenges. Not many people know this, but I have been diagnosed with a learning disability. I have always struggled with language processing and verbal comprehension, and it was really at my disadvantage when I was younger. I was actually very fortunate that my parents and teachers noticed it when I was five years old. I remember taking all of these extra, special classes everyday after school, and at the time, I really didn’t understand what they were for, but those classes definitely paid off! Sure, I may be the oldest in my grade, but I’ve also maintained an average of 4.2 as my GPA for the past six years! Remember: Nothing’s impossible if you’re willing to put the effort 
into it!





The Crowning Moment! 

Comments

Popular Posts