It's been an incredible year for Miss Pennsylvania Jr. Teen 2014!


For as long as I live, I will never forget that surreal moment when I won the 2014 Pennsylvania Jr. Teen title.
I am having the time of my life as part of the National American Miss family. It has given me the perfect opportunity to express myself and share my talents. Whether I am speaking, singing or acting, I always feel accomplished when I leave the stage. 
I also had the most amazing experience at Nationals in Anaheim, California. I came in 1st Runner up, 4th Runner up in Talent and 3rd Runner up in Actress. The state queens voted me 1st Runner up for Miss Personality and the choreographers awarded me a spirit stick. 
One of the perks of being the 2014 Miss Pennsylvania Jr. Teen was being chosen as the Ambassador for Queens for a Cause. Queens for a Cause is an organization of queens that identify needs in the community and fulfill them. We raised money by doing sparkle princess and army soldier makeovers at the Mt. Pleasant Glass & Ethnic Festival. We used the funds for “Snacks for Soldiers” for deployed troops, “Games for Residents” for the elderly at nursing homes and other charitable initiatives. 
I would like to leave you with a few final thoughts. My message is one of hard work and perseverance. Don’t ever let anyone tell you what you can’t do. You can achieve anything that you put your mind to. You are amazing, you are unique and you are a NAM girl. Dream and dream big! Helen Keller once said, “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
Much love and the very best of wishes for your incredible success, I am your 2014 Miss Pennsylvania Jr. Teen, Mariah Malloy

Comments

Popular Posts