It has been an amazing year for Miss Kansas Samantha Roberts



My year as the National American Miss Kansas has been an exciting one. I started my year visiting the Rainbow Center where I helped host a Princess Party. While there I met Miss Amazing 2014. Who would of thought that a princess party would bring so much fun and joy to both the kids and I that I would be asked to make a return visit to host a carnival. I loved spending my time with the kids and they will always hold a special place in my heart. My second favorite appearance was Models for Miracles. It was a great experience being able to walk the runway in some interesting outfits all while raising money for Children’s Miracle Network. 
At Nationals I had a great time hanging out with my family. I met Disney Princesses, Goofy, and of course Peter Pan and I bonded over a trip to Space Mountain where he asked me many questions about my adult. I met so many different girls from all walks of life that will forever be my friends. Most importantly I learned many things about myself. I learned to have confidence in myself. I learned interviews and intros are not as easy as they seem, But most importantly I learned to walk tall and be proud of whom I am.
I would like to thank my family for encouraging me to take a chance and do 
something different. Special thanks to my sister for the endless hours of hair and makeup lessons. For the secrets of how to walk in heels and for answering my never-ending questions. To my sister Queens I love you all and I cant wait to see what you do next.

Forever Your 2014 Miss Kansas
Samantha Roberts

Comments

Popular Posts