Meet The 2014 -2015 National American Miss Madisen Hill!



NAM: Tell us about yourself:
Madisen: My name is Madisen Hill and I am a 21 year old actress, singer, dancer, and writer. I started pursuing a career in entertainment in Los Angeles just before I turned 15 years old and I’ve been at it ever since. While keeping my faith in God as number one in my life, I’ve accomplished things I never thought possible. Currently a host of Live Life & Win!, a national television series focusing on inspirational teen success stories, I strive to influence the youth of our generation.

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Madisen: As I proceed with a career in the entertainment industry, I hope to own and operate my own performing arts school, and eventually raise a family of my own.

NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
Madisen: “Take pride in how far you’ve come and have faith in how far you can go.” This quote is a constant reminder that as long as I have faith in myself and God’s plans for my dreams, as well as being grateful for the things I have experienced, whether good or bad,  I will remain on the path God has for me.

Madisen Hill The 2014-2015 National American Miss


NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Madisen: I have received so much advice throughout different experiences in my life. From never giving up to remembering to put God first in everything I do, I have been very fortunate to receive the advice I have. One thing that my parents always remind me of is that God has a specific plan for my life and as long as I trust in him and the path he has laid out for me, I have nothing to fear.
  
NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Madisen: Preparing for the NAM National Pageant was such a wonderful experience! One of my favorite parts was finding the clothes for each event. I made sure to make each outfit represent me in a way that shows a little bit of my personality. Then I made sure to practice as much as I could! Most importantly, I reminded myself that having the opportunity to compete at nationals would not come around again, so I made sure to relax and enjoy every moment of it. It is truly a blessing to be a part of this family.

NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Madisen: My favorite place to shop is Altar’d State, who say they want to do more than provide fashionable alternatives to young woman who want to make a difference. They want to inspire a movement to stand out – for good.

Getting to meet Chip at Disneyland!

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
Madisen: Pageants can have such a positive impact. For myself, they helped me feel confident with public speaking, encouraged me to volunteer in my community, introduced me to some of the best friends I have ever had, and given me the opportunity to make a difference in any way I choose. NAM has truly been an important part of my life.

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Madisen: My most prized possession would have to be my family. I’m not sure if that counts as one thing but I do know I would do anything for my family. They are my biggest supporters and number one fans, and I would not be where I am today without them.

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Madisen: I have so many favorite movies! I would have to say one is definitely High School Musical though – That was one of the projects that switched my love for Broadway to TV and Film!

PJ Rehearsal at The NAM National Pageant! 

NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Madisen: I also have so many favorite TV shows, like Pretty Little Liars, Chasing Life, and Law and Order: SVU. However, I love when I find TV shows that my family can laugh at and enjoy together and one of those would have to be Duck Dynasty.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
Madisen: Currently, my favorite book is Live Original by Sadie Robertson, which focusses on how it is OK to be yourself and not follow the latest trends or fads facing our generation.

NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Madisen: There are so many things I would love to say to future NAM girls, but most importantly I want to make sure they know that they can do anything they set their mind to. Work hard to achieve your goals and keep dreaming big. Anything is possible.

With The 2013-2014 National American Miss Courtney Jamison! 


NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Madisen: I have always thought “famous” was an interesting word. Personally, if “famous” was a word that could be used to describe me, I hope it would be because I was doing something to make a positive impact on the world,  speaking up for what I believe in, and striving to be the best person I can be. Being “famous” for anything but that honestly doesn’t make sense to me.

NAM: What is your dream job?
Madisen: My dream job is to have a successful career in the entertainment industry, which may lead to endless opportunities to speak and educate young woman, as well as hold charity events to support non-profits that I am passionate about.

NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Madisen: I plan to use my title to open doors to speak with young women and spread unawareness of anti-bullying and treating each other with respect. I also want to share the importance of using social media in a positive way, in addition to volunteering in my community.


A picture from a recent photoshoot! 

NAM: What is your favorite subject in school?
Madisen: My favorite subject in school would have to be writing. I love being able to tell stories and create a world based off of my own imagination.

NAM: What is your biggest fear?
Madisen: Earthquakes. I love California but I could definitely go without the earthquakes.

NAM: What is the biggest misconception about your generation?
Madisen: I think a common misconception about our generation is that we don’t know how to communicate with each other unless it’s behind a computer screen. Although we are living in a time where social media is extremely popular and our form of communication is changing drastically, our generation is able to spread a message throughout the world in just 10 minutes through one trend on Twitter or “like” on Facebook. We are making a difference and learning new ways to do it every day. Sure, we have lots of learning to do and adjustments to make, but we are bringing people together from across the world to make an impact and that is something that should not be unrecognized.


 Behind the scenes of the show that Madisen host...  "Live Life & Win"!
 
Madisen: It has always been hard for me to choose just one person as my role model. There are so many people who positively impact my life in various ways. My mom is of course one of my biggest role models and I have been so blessed to have her as someone to look up to. I also love looking up to people who stand up for what they believe in and most recently, the Robertson family has done just that.

NAM: Who is to most influential person in the world?
Madisen: I feel like the most influential person in the world changes pretty frequently, but right now I think Taylor Swift takes that title. There is not a day that goes by that you don’t hear about something incredible she did to give back to the people who support her. She is becoming a wonderful inspiration.  

NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Madisen: My favorite part about National American Miss would have to be the lifelong friendships that come along with it. Knowing that I am still in contact with girls that I met when I was ten years old that I never would have known had it not been for NAM truly amazes me and I am so grateful for it.

Flashback to 2006 when Madisen was a Pre-Teen! 

NAM: How did you get started with NAM? How long have you been involved?
Madisen: My journey with National American Miss began when I was ten years old as a Jr. Preteen. After placing 3rd runner up three years in a row in Missouri, I decided to take on the national pageant for the first time and I was beyond thrilled to be the 2005-2006 National All-American Miss Preteen. I continued my journey for a few more years, adding a Miss Missouri Jr. Teen title, before making my move to Los Angeles to follow my dreams. After 6 years, I decided to come back for my final year as a NAM contestant as the 2014 Miss California and my childhood dream of becoming the National American Miss came true!!

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Madisen: A NAM girl is someone who isn’t afraid to follow her dreams and tell the world who she is. Someone who is confident and someone who is determined to make a difference. A NAM girl is someone who thrives to be an example in a positive light.

NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Madisen: For fun, I love going to see the latest movies with my friends, going to the beach, and most recently, I found a new love for writing scripts of my own.


California Sister Queens!

NAM: What makes your state unique?
Madisen: There are so many things that make California unique, but one thing I learned very quickly after moving to this beautiful state is that no one is afraid to dream big. People come from all over the world to California and they are welcomed with open arms, as well as being encouraged by everyone around them to follow their dreams. Nothing is impossible in California.

NAM: What is your favorite food?
Madisen: I have so many favorite foods, I can never choose just one! However, ice cream almost always tops my list, but not too far behind are chocolate covered strawberries!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
Madisen: Lots of things make me laugh but I would have to say the people I surround myself with make me laugh the most. My friends and family always know how to put a smile on my face.
 At the NYLA International Film Festival watching the premiere of "Lockdown", a film Madisen did this past year!


Madisen: My first thought was definitely “WHAT?!” which I think you can tell from the pictures. Honestly, it was quite a shock and an incredible honor because all week I was surrounded by some of the most intelligent, kind-hearted, beautiful girls, inside and out, that I had ever met and I hope to represent all that they stand for as well this year as the National American Miss.

NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?
Madisen: I like to think I am pretty much an open book, but if I try to think of interesting facts to share, I am left handed and I still don’t have my ears pierced!

Catching Live Life & Win on TV one morning 
   
Hanging out on set for her latest film! 



Watch Madisen's Crowning Moment! 

Comments

Popular Posts