Meet The 2014-2015 National All-American Miss Jr. Teen Madeline Monlux!



NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Madeline: My plans for the future are to graduate from UC Davis (a top school for primatology) and pursue a career as a Primatologist- studying and working with wild mountain gorillas in Africa. I want to continue the work of my hero, Dian Fossey who saved mountain gorillas from extinction.

NAM: How would your friends describe you?
Madeline: Very positive and determined! I love to joke around with my friends and always make sure everyone stays positive.  I also make sure if I start a project, I will always finish it.

NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
Madeline:  “It’s Possible.”  I love this motto because I’ve always been taught to try my hardest at whatever I am doing and to never give up because it’s possible.

Rehearsals for nationals! 

NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Madeline: To follow my dreams and never give up!

NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Madeline: I decided after the state competition to invest the money I won by attending nationals.  I practiced something every day for months. Sometimes it would be a 5 minute casual wear routine practice and sometimes an hour of introduction and interview practice. I think the most important part of competing is to practice-practice-practice.

Formal Wear Modeling! 

NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Madeline: Juicy Couture is my favorite because the clothes and jewelry are fabulous and very classy.

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
Madeline: Pageants have made a huge impact on my life.  When I was a little girl, I was so shy and I never thought I would be able to speak to or deliver a speech in front of people. I heard about NAM when I was 7 and had to try it!! After doing NAM, I became more confident in myself and developed skills I will use all of my life!

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Madeline: “The Book of Life”. I really liked this movie because it was so cute and it was a great example of how you should always follow your dreams.

family!

NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Madeline: “Pretty Little Liars” because I love how it is a mix of drama, comedy and suspense.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
Madeline: The Fault in our Stars because it has a great story line and the author did a great job of hooking the readers in by making it so interesting.

Fun at the NAM National Pageant! 

NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Madeline: NEVER GIVE UP! This was my 5th time at Nationals (2 times as a state queen and 3 times as an All-American).  Although I always had a ton of fun, my name was never called in the top 10.  I just kept working harder and harder and never gave up.  I would say don’t focus on trying to win the crown and banner- instead try to focus on being the best YOU.

NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Madeline: Modeling which is one of my many passions and something I love to do. I think it would be fun to travel across the world as a working model!

NAM: What is your dream job?
Madeline: To become a Primatologist- which is a scientist that studies primates. I have always adored animals and wanted to work with them. As a Primatologist, I will work with mountain gorillas in Africa and other primates throughout the world.

Making a difference! 

NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Madeline: To promote my NAM platform called, “It’s Possible”.  One of the coolest parts of NAM is that it really is for every girl, every interest and every dream. I want to use my title to show that whatever goals and dreams you have, it’s possible to achieve them! I encourage NAM girls to follow me on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #itspossible.

NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Madeline: Volunteering is very important to me! I spend a majority of my time volunteering for The Metro Toy Drive which is an organization I have been with for many years and we collect and distribute toys to kids in need all year. I am part of the “Child Hero” program which is really cool because it is a group of 6 kids that run our own toy drives and we also learn from instructors at Portland State University about leadership and volunteerism. 

Volunteering! 
  
NAM: What is your favorite subject in school?
Madeline: Science is my favorite because each day we always do something new and I love experiments! 

NAM:  If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
Madeline: 1-Trip to Africa to visit the mountain gorillas, 2- A cure for Cancer (Miss you Papa) and 3- to have 3 more wishes- hehe.

NAM: What is your biggest fear?
Madeline: Bugs are gross and creep and crawly!

The 2014 NAM National Pageant! 

NAM: What is the biggest misconception about your generation?
Madeline: That we are disconnected from the world because we are always on our phones/ texting/social media. 

NAM: Who is your rolemodel?
Madeline: Dian Fossey because she saved mountain gorillas from extinction and brought international attention to the terrible act of poaching gorillas for sport all by herself.  She was a strong and determined woman that I look up to and I hope to continue her work.


Disney Land during NAM Nationals! 


NAM: If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
Madeline: Pam and Gela who are the co-founders of Juicy Couture. I would love to talk with them about how they created such a cool brand and ask what their inspiration has been.
  
NAM: How did you get started with NAM? How long have you been involved?
Madeline: When I was 7, I got a brochure in the mail  and entered for the first time as a Princess. I was very shy so my parents were surprised that I wanted to try a pageant.  I have competed every year I was eligible and I have gone to nationals twice as a state queen and three times in All-American.

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Madeline: A girl that is friendly, goal driven never gives up and always is herself.

Modeling! 

NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?
Madeline: Very grateful.  I just couldn’t believe it was my name called. I got some form of a laryngitis type virus at the end of the week so my voice was really strained for personal introduction and interview which to be honest was discouraging for me. My parents were awesome because they kept reminding me to look at the situation as a challenge and to rise to the challenge. I am glad I did! 

NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?
Madeline: That I make really funny movies starring my two young nieces, Violet and Audry who are 6 and 4. They love to be on camera and act as all these crazy characters.  I film and edit the short films and then we watch them at family gatherings. We end each film with a blooper reel which is always the funniest!

Madeline Monlux The 2014-2015 National All-American Miss Jr.Teen! 


Watch Madeline's Crowning moment! 

Comments

Popular Posts