Featuring Miss New York Covergirl!



I am Catherine Olsen, your Miss New York Princess Cover Girl 2013.
The day that I was crowned was one of the best days of my life. This year has been amazing!
I have gotten to do so many things and meet so many important people.
The weekend after being crowned, I went to help out at the NJ State pageant where I met many wonderful sister queens!
When I got home, one of the first people I met was NY Assemblyman Robert Sweeney and I helped kick off the fall festival in Tanner Park where I met Congressman Martinez and then I got to have some fun with my friends.
One of the best things from this past year was being able to ride a float in the NYC Veteran’s Day Parade with my sister queens. We even ended up on live TV and I met Miss New York Amanda Mason.
I have raised funds for the March of Dimes, JDRF and the Lupus foundation. I got to be team captain for our team Queens to the Rescue. We raised $800. We even got to wear capes like real super heroes made by my Sister Queen Emily.
I donated food to kindness for kitties and got involved with a group called Kids Adopt A Shelter. They help animals in need which is very important to me. At our event in June, we were able to get 20 animals adopted.
There is a list of people to thank but I would like to say thank you to my family and friends first. Your love and support on this journey means the world to me. I would especially like to thank my Mom for always believing in me and taking me everywhere I need to go.
I would also like to thank, Mr. and Mrs. Mayes and the whole NAM staff for giving me this great opportunity. I have grown and experienced so much in the past year.
To all the contestants, always remember that winning the crown is not the important part. It is what you do with it after that makes all the difference.
To my successor, I hope you have an awesome year!
For the last time, I am your Miss New York Princess Cover Girl 2013,      
Catherine Olsen











  


Comments

Popular Posts