Your 2013 Kansas Jr. Pre-Teen Madilynn was been extremely busy during her year of service!




What an incredibly exciting and rewarding year I have been having as Miss Kansas Jr. Pre-Teen 2013! There have been so many memories, friendships, and opportunities that I have been able to be a part of! After competing for 5 years at NAM, and being close before, hearing my name called was a dream come true. After winning last July, my first community service project was distributing the over 600 school supplies donated by the Jr. Pre-Teen contestants. I was able to work with Kansas Kids in Crisis and Family Resource Exchange to hand out and distribute these items to 100+ kids in my community and surrounding areas who receive free or reduced priced lunches. As well as donate additional school supply items to local schools. It was so rewarding to see how happy all these kids were to have new school supplies to start the school year with! The books that were collected at the state pageant I donated to my school library and to the Herington Public Library.
I love volunteering and helping to make a difference in my own community! Through working with these local organizations and schools, I found that there was also a great need for something else-SHOES! Specifically, PE shoes and school shoes because many families just couldn't afford to purchase them. So, I set about to start my own non-profit charity to solve the problem and founded "Soles 2 Give" which provides New and very gently used PE shoes and school shoes to students who need them in my school and surrounding communities. It has been wonderful to see so many students helped by this new charity and am excited to help more kids in the future!
It was great fun to be volunteers at different events with my sister queens. I was able to join Hailey Colburn, Pre-Teen Queen to help with face painting at YMCA's Camp Hyde. Then, in October, at the Prairie Fire Marathon/Half Marathon in Wichita, my sister queens, Riley, Hailey, and Jamera, joined me in being Finish Line race volunteers and we placed medals on the Winners and Finishers, handed out water and Gatorade, and gave lots of words of praise to thousands of Finishers! I love running so this was really fun! I have also greatly enjoyed being in the many parades that I have been in this year too.
Some other exciting events I have been a part of this year have been, being a runway model at the Natalie M. Foundation event and getting to meet Tony Bowls in January. I went to meet the Governor, Sam Brownback, then sat in on a State House of Representatives session, and met my District House of Representative and asked him questions and then took a private tour of the State Capital. I was able to host a table at the Main Place Youth Tea Fundraiser and have some sister queens join me at my "Divas & Crowns" themed table in April. Also, being able to be visiting royalty at other state pageants has been awesome!
Attending Nationals was great fun! I met so many incredible girls from all over the US that are doing such wonderful and amazing things! It was easy to see why each of them had been chosen to represent her state. I made many new friends and memories that will last my lifetime, one of which was me placing 2nd Runner Up at Nationals!!
What a great time it has been to represent Kansas as the Jr. Pre-Teen titleholder this year and am very thankful for this opportunity! It's been an incredibly busy year and I'm not done yet! I have enjoyed meeting many of you at Open Calls and Training Sessions and look forward to meeting more of you at the state pageant in July. Until then, don't forget, "All your dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Your Miss Kansas Jr. Pre-Teen 2013,
Madilynn Becker

Pageant Fun! 







Volunteering through out the year!














Comments

Popular Posts