Meet The 2013-2014 National All-American Miss Teen Phoebe Yankowski!


My name is Phoebe Yankowski I am currently a senior at Immaculata High school in Somerville, New Jersey. I enjoy photography, shopping, and tennis. My favorite school activities to participate in our campus ministry and the International Business Club. Next year I plan on going to college to peruse my dreams of studying fashion merchandising.

First Walk as The 2013-2014 National All-American Miss Teen! 

                Tiffany:  How did you get involved in National American Miss? 
 Phoebe: My first time competing in National American Miss was in 2012. I decided to participate in the pageant because I had received a letter in the mail and wanted more than anything to try something new and exciting. After my first pageant weekend I knew NAM was for me. I came back this year and placed 1st at my state pageant which was such an honor then I was blessed with the opportunity of winning the National All American Miss Teen title!

TiffanyHow did you prepare for the National Pageant?
 Phoebe: PRACTICE! I would say my introduction day in and day out, I think my family knows it by heart now too! I also prepared myself for interview by studying questions and keeping up with the latest current events. And I cannot forget how many hours I walked back and forth in my high heels, it is crucial to be comfortable in them so you can shine in evening gown. 

Tiffany: What is the best advice you have ever received? The best advice I have ever received is 
  Phoebe: “Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn” This expression has become a mindset for me because I do not believe you can ever really lose, you will always learn something new. These are great words to live by because you will always take away something good from any situation life throws at you.

Tiffany: What quote, motto, or scripture best describes you? 
Phoebe: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Tiffany: What are your plans for the future? 
Phoebe: My plans for the future include attending college to study fashion merchandising  and one day working for a major department store. I also hope to further my modeling career as I get older.

Newly Crowned Sister Queens! 

Tiffany:What activities are you involved in? 
Phoebe: I work closely with numerous charities such as Big Brother Big Sister, National Diabetes Foundation, Restore the Shore and the Special Olympics. I LOVE doing photography for my school and displaying my favorite pieces.

Tiffany:What do you like to do for fun? 
Phoebe: Shopping is my absolute favorite thing to do in my free time. I can pretty much explore the mall for hours and never get bored!

Tiffany: What is one item you can’t live without? 
Phoebe: My 10 year old dog, Charlie! He is my best friend and cuddle buddy! I don’t know what I would do without him.

Tiffany: Who is your role model? 
Phoebe: My Memere. For those of you who do not know, Memere is French for grandma! She is my role model because she fought Breast Cancer and won the battle. She is one of the bravest and strongest woman I have ever met.

Tiffany: What is the biggest misconception about your generation? 
Phoebe: Growing up in a digital age I feel that our generation is categorized as disconnected with the real world and only communicating through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, ect. I have found this to be untrue because I am around many teens everyday who do socialize and having meaningful conversations offline. 

Walking in a Fashion Show!

  Tiffany: What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you? 
 Phoebe: The funniest thing that’s ever happened to me was probably when I was having my family over for my moms birthday and I had the honors of carrying the birthday cake out. Being my clumsy self, I tripped and that delicious chocolate cake was all over me. I must say it took a long time to get all that icing out of my hair.

Tiffany: If you had three wishes what would you wish for? 
   Phoebe: My first wish would be for everyone to have somewhere to sleep. It breaks my heart to know that some people do not have a warm bed to crawl into at night. My second wish would be for meet and greet tickets for my little sister to meet One Direction. She is absolutely obsessed and I would love to have her meet them! My last wish would be for a Jeep Wrangler, its my dream car!

Tiffany: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? 
  Phoebe: I would go to Hawaii, that has always been my dream vacation and hopefully I will make it there one day. Maybe even if I’m lucky I’ll take a few surfing lessons.

Tiffany: What is your definition of a NAM girl? 
Phoebe: A girl who won’t stop at anything until she achieves the wildest of her dreams!

Tiffany: If you could be on the cover of any Magazine what would it be? 
   Phoebe: I would be on the cover of TIME magazine. So many influential faces were on the covers of TIME and one day I hope to make a difference in the world. So who knows maybe one day you’ll be seeing my face on there.

The crowning moment! 

Tiffany: If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things could you not live without? 
 Phoebe: I would have to bring my camera. What’s a more perfect place for still shots than a deserted island! I would bring my IPod, I’m always listening to music so this would be an essential for me. Last but not least I would bring my little sister along in case I get lonely.

Tiffany: What is your most prized possession? 
Phoebe: My most prized possession is my camera because I can capture every moment by the click of a button.

Tiffany: How would your friends describe you? 
Phoebe: My friend would describe me as bubbly. I always have a smile on my face no matter what and laugh at just about everything.

   Tiffany: How are you making a difference in your community?
   Phoebe: I love participating in community service, I spend time helping numerous charities which are very dear to my heart. I hope I am a role model for other young teens and inspire them to help out as much as possible.

Tiffany: What is your favorite childhood memory? 
   Phoebe: My favorite childhood memory would be when my little sister was born. I was four when she was born and I remember being so excited because I finally had a built in best friend who I could play with everyday.

Walking the Runway!

Tiffany: If you could go back in time and be at any historical event what would it be?
Phoebe: I would go back to August 28, 1963 to Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “I Have a Dream” This moving speech about freedom and equality is still something that is quoted till this day and is such a huge part of our history.

       Tiffany:If you could go back in time and meet one person, who would it be and why? 
Phoebe: I would go back in time and meet Diana, Princess of Wales. Princess Diana was a celebrity and fashion icon in her own right but she was also very well know for her notable work for international charities. She was someone who was truly beautiful inside and out.

      Tiffany: If you could be famous for something, what would you want to be famous for?
Phoebe: I would want to be famous for creating art. I think art is the greatest gift a person could give to the world because art can be interpreted in so many ways and spark creativity and imagination.

    Tiffany:What is your favorite book? and why? 
Phoebe: My favorite book is The Kite Runner. The story is of a boy Amir who is trying to find out his place in the world after a tragic childhood in Afghanistan. I enjoy this story because it shows the way people live in other cultures and that there is hope, even when you think there isn’t.

  Tiffany: Where is your favorite place to shop? 
Phoebe:Urban Outfitters, all of the clothing is just so different and unusual. I like to keep my wardrobe interesting!


      Tiffany: Who is the most influential person in the world now? 
Phoebe: I believe our everyday teachers are the most influential people because they are who help shape us and prepare us for the real world. 

Tiffany: Who or what inspires you most? 
Phoebe: My Memere inspires me most because she taught me that when life throws you curve balls you keep your head up. She fought breast cancer with such grace and bravery. She stayed positive and fought until she was back to her healthy self.

     Tiffany: What have you learned about yourself since competing in pageants? 
Phoebe: I’ve learned that I’m not this shy person I always thought I was. Because of National American Miss I can stand up and talk to large crowds of people, I can carry myself gracefully, and I can be comfortable in an interview setting and answer questions about myself and things I am passionate about. Ultimately pageants have taught me that if I have a dream, I should chase it because anything is possible if you believe in yourself.

   Tiffany: What is your definition of success? 
Phoebe: Sometimes when you ask people what is success the first thing that comes to mind is a big house, an expensive car or even fame. To me success is when you have inner contentment, when you are able to see what you have and not focus on what you don’t have.

    Tiffany: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Phoebe: I know that this phrase is over used but please BE YOURSELF!!! Sometimes you maybe searching for what is the right answer for these interview questions or what would the judges want to see me in for evening gown. The judges want to get to know you, not someone you are trying to be. If you are yourself pageant weekend you will walk away learning so much more and benefit from the whole experience.  Stay true to yourself and everything will fall into place.

The 2013-2014 National All-American Miss Teen! 

   Tiffany: What things do you hope to accomplish during your year of service?
Phoebe: I hope to inspire people to be the change they want to see. Volunteer work is such a big part of my life and I want to share this passion with others to inspire them to get out there and help their own community because every little bit helps.

Tiffany: What would you like to be doing 10 years from now? 
Phoebe: I hope to be successful in the Fashion industry.  Also a mother who gets to spend a lot of time with her children and future husband and of course I’d love to have a few dogs.

Tiffany: If someone could live your life for a week, what would they find most interesting?
Phoebe: I think people would find it interesting that me and my sister are complete opposites but we get along so well. We are best friends and do pretty much everything together.

Tiffany: What is the best compliment you have ever received? 
Phoebe: Someone once said to me that my laugh was contagious. I thought that was great because I can make someone laugh just because I’m already laughing!



Comments

Popular Posts