Skip to main content

Miss Indiana Jr.Teen is Featured in the News for her Efforts to Prevent Bullying!

Miss Indiana Jr.TeenSM with former Miss America Katie Stam!

Bailey Jaclyne Perez,Miss Indiana Jr.TeenSM, is featured in the news for her efforts to help 
prevent bullying! 
Check out the article below! 


All the talk about TRUTH

Bailey Perez (10) speaks to friends about what she plans to do with TRUTH. Many different organizations and states have reached out to Perez for help.
Sophie Sablich, Yearbook Design Editor
October 3, 2013
Filed under Feature

Bailey Perez (10) reaches out to Northwest Indiana teens with TRUTH: Teens Responsible Unite To Help.

Perez created this anti-bullying organization in June with the help of her brother, Blaine O’Neill-Perez (’12). Although Perez is the founder, her name cannot be recognized until 18 years of age. This organization was created in response to her own high school experiences and what was perceived by Perez as inactivity of the administration.

“[TRUTH] made me take a step back and think about others. I didn’t want people to feel the way that I was, so I decided to make this organization,” Perez said.

As of now, TRUTH is based out of Northwest Indiana, but Perez hopes to expand it nationally with the help of social media. The TRUTH Facebook page increased coverage and led other states like New York, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas to contacting Perez.

In November, Perez is traveling to Anaheim, California to compete in the National American Miss Pageant. A giant board will be accompanying Perez, in hopes of inspiring other girls to get involved with this organization.
“I really want the board to be filled with pledges for no bullying,” Perez said.
TRUTH monthly meetings will be held at the new Schererville Parks Department building. Kids can come share their stories with each other while discussing their struggles. For more information, visit the TRUTH website, Facebook or Twitter page.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Amazing Year for Miss Florida Jr. Pre-Teen!

It has been an incredible year for me my dream came true I was crowned miss Florida Jr. Preteen queen.I will never forget that moment when they were about to call the queen they had one spot left and I was shaking, all of the sudden they say your new queen is Danielle Cohn.My dream had finally came true, it was my 3rd year I went from 4th runner up to 2nd runner up to queen.I never gave up I came back every year more prepared.Being crowned Miss Florida was a dream come true.I gain a crown and I became a titleholder for my State.I have served my community and became a role model for other young girls.Best part was using my title to help out the children miracle hospital by making teddy bears and bringing them gifts on the holidays.
Then it was time for nationals in Anaheim California were I had the time of my life.I meet so many amazing queens from other states that I have gained amazing friendships with.I was able to go to Disneyland and walk the streets of Hollywood it was an amazin…

Ten Need to Know Tips for The Personal Introduction Competition!

The goal of personal intro is to equip you with public speaking skills.  Figuring out just what to say can be fun and challenging.  So lets break it down!
What is Required ? 
For NAM you must say the following: 1.) Your name 2.) Your Hometown (where you currently reside) 3.) What you want to be when you grow you up and/or something interesting about yourself.  It is as easy 1, 2, 3!
Can you add more to your personal introduction? The is answer is ABSOLUTELY!
You want to the tell judges and audience about you and all of your exciting hobbies and ambitions! You can share what activities you are involved in, what organizations you volunteer with and if you have won any cool awards. This is your time to stand out and show everyone how confident you are. Now here is the biggest hint of all....
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY...IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT!
The judges are not so much concerned if you tell them you like soccer over basketball. They are looking at your communication skills. You want to spe…

Get to know The 2016-2017 National American Miss Princess Teri Lynlee Staggs!

NAM: Tell us about yourself: Teri Lynlee: I am a six year old first grader at Mt. Pleasant Elementary. I love to sing, dance, play piano and act. Im the only girl of four children in my family.
NAM: What activities are you involved in? Teri Lynlee: I play basketball, softball, and piano. I enjoy the arts and I am involved in helping The Family Center in Columbia, TN. and I am currently teaming up with the National Brain Tumor Association to plan a fundraiser to aid in research.
NAM: What are your plans for the future? Teri Lynlee: I want to be an All-star Basketball Player, and pursue my passion for singing and acting. After graduating college I want to be an art teacher or gym teacher.
NAM: How would your friends describe you? Teri Lynlee: My friends would describe me as funny, sweet, and sassy… And they would definitely say I tell the best knock knock jokes.


NAM: What motto or quote best describes you? Teri Lynlee: Dream Big Princess because I never want To stop dreaming.
NAM: What is th…