What an Awesome Year it has been for Miss New York Jr Teen!



After five long years of hard work, dedication and perseverance, my dream finally became a reality when I was crowned the 2012 Miss New York Junior TeenSM This past year has been a blessing.  From promoting my platform “Potholders for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness”, representing the Lustgarten Foundation as their Teen Ambassador to collecting over 1000 tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes for the Far Rockaway Hurricane Sandy Survivors, I have learned that giving of your time is truly life changing.  But my year did not stop there; I participated in the Columbus Day Parade, Italian and proud, marched with Mayor Bloomberg on Memorial Day, attended open calls and was visiting royalty at the Miss New Jersey State Pageant.  Before I knew it, I was on my way to Nationals in Sunny California where I had the time of my life at Disneyland, the Hollywood Tour and having Thanksgiving Dinner with my Namily.  I was even able to visit my California BFF from NAM Nationals 2007 - Kaylin Mouchawar – Friends for Life!  Each moment was unforgettable.  The most exciting highlight of my week was placing overall nationally in the following events: 2nd in Casual Wear Modeling, 4th in Talent, 1st in Volunteer Service, Best Scrapbook, and Art Contest, 2nd in Best Thank You Note.  And My absolute favorite was being honored with the Golden Achievement in Service Award for my platform.  
First and foremost, I want to thank God for this amazing opportunity and experience of a lifetime, through Him all things are possible.  To Steve & Kathleen Mayes, thank you for creating this amazing pageant system that empowers young woman today.  You guys Rock!  To my sister queens I will never forget all the fun we had, I love you all so much.  Miss Taccara, thank you for your love, support and guidance, Team Taccara all the way.  Mom, you are my rock, without you I would not be the person I am today, thank you for everything, I love you to the moon and back.  To the contestants it does not take a crown or a banner to be a winner, you already are.  To my successor, get ready for the time of your life, enjoy every second because it truly does fly by.

For the last time, I am honored and proud to say, I am your

2012 Miss New York Junior TeenSM
Katherine McQuade

Fun at Disney!
Nationals!

Formal Wear Modeling!

The 70's Party at Nationals!

Hollywood!

Fun with Sister Queens!

Volunteering!
With National Director Steve Mayes!


Comments

Popular Posts