What a Great Year it has been for Miss Kansas Teen!





To think that a year has passed since I was crowned your 2012 Miss Kansas TeenSM is hard to believe. What a busy year it has been. I started my reign by donating books and school supplies to the United Way of the Plains, participated in the Step out Walk, Light the Night Walks in Overland Park and Lawrence on behalf of Faces of Hope, Race for the Cure, and Models for Miracles. My time as visiting royalty in Missouri was super special; not only did I get to meet several teen queens but also was there to support my friend Faith as she gave up her Jr. Teen Title. I have known Faith and her family since 2005 and have been blessed with their continued support over the years. Nationals came before I knew it! I met so many wonderful ladies, who continue to amaze me with all their accomplishments. I was honored to represent Kansas and super excited when I placed 6th overall! I wouldn’t be standing here today without the support of my family and friends! Mom, Papa and Bubba-You are the best family Ever and thank you for always believing in me and for following me on this journey. To my grandparents-thanks for always being my number #1 fans! Auntie-words cannot express my love for you! To all my aunts, uncles, family and friends-I love you all! Nicole and Michael, I love you both more than you know-thanks for always being there for me! To Momma Ashley-thanks for always making sure I have the perfect wardrobe! To the Swathwood, Knowles, and Metcalf families-you guys mean so much to me -I love you to the moon and back! Austin, Kara and Eric-thanks for making me feel like a million bucks! To the National American Miss Staff and directors-Thank you for creating a program that is about teaching young women to be strong leaders! To my sister queens-each one of you are beautiful in your own way-never let anyone dull your shine! To my successor-Have the time of your life, and enjoy your year-believe me it goes by quickly. Remember, it’s not about the crown but what you can do with the crown to make a difference in the world we live in. I know that this isn’t goodbye-merely a see ya later!
 Signing off for the last time-
I will forever be your 2012  Miss Kansas TeenSM
Callie Hobkirk!


Meeting Friends!

Making a difference!

Volunteering in my community! 




Comments

Popular Posts