Check out True Beauty to NAM Girl Paige McArthur





By: Paige McArthur

                What does “true beauty” mean to me? True beauty can mean so many different things. Being beautiful is so much more than what meets the eye. So many people don’t see this. Being beautiful is not always based on the clothes you wear or the amount of makeup you put on before you start your day. It is not the style of clothing you can afford or the cost of the necklace around your neck.
Thankfully, for me, being beautiful is SO much more than any of these things. Being beautiful is showing unconditional love to the ones who mean the most to you in life. It is doing what in your heart you feel is right even when the rest of the world may be doing the total opposite. To me the most beautiful and true thing you could ever do in your life is accept Jesus Christ into your heart and have faith that he will help you conquer all of life’s journeys.  Because without your Lord and savior what is possible in this life? In my opinion the answer is NOTHING! He makes life so much more beautiful and when I look in the mirror every day I see him and thank him for all of the beautiful opportunities he has blessed me with.
Through pageantry I never imagined how many truly beautiful friends I would make. Many girls who are not only beyond beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well.  For every new friend I meet through beauty pageants I know that is why God placed this hobby in my life. Pageants are not all about the glitz and glam. They are not all about winning prizes or a beautiful crown. They are about what you do with the crown to make a difference in the life of others in your community and around the world. We are role models for younger children and are expected to set an outstanding example for these young girls and boys to live by!
For everyone in this world there is something beautiful in you. It is up to you to find out just what that may be. I feel that the most beautiful thing about me is my loving heart and being a great friend to others. Sometimes that is all a person really needs in life is a true friend. I feel so lucky to not only be beautiful on the outside but to also have such true beauty on the inside.

Comments

Popular Posts