Skip to main content

Alexandra Perry The 2009-2010 National American Miss Oregon PreTeen took home the Golden Achievement in Service Award at the National Pageant... Lets find out how she did it by giving it back to her Community!!!


Tiffany: What does the title of NAM OR Preteen mean to you?
Alexandra:To me my title is such an honor. I was chosen to represent Oregon and that to me is so amazing. It means the world to me.

Tiffany:What activities are you involved in ?
Alexandra: I am on a competitive cheerleading team, student council, the Youth Advisory Board of Corvallis, 4-H sewing and cooking club, modeling, acting, and running.

Tiffany: Tell me what you did to earn the NAM golden achievement award.
Alexandra: I started my own organization called Cook for Cancer, that helps families that have been affected by breast cancer. We make meals for the families and then I deliver them to the families.

Tiffany: What was it like to take home the golden achievement award nationals?
Alexandra: I felt so honored to win the golden achievement award because the award honors the person who helped the people in her community the most and I take great pride in that.

Tiffany: How has being a titleholder helped you outreach in your community?
Alexandra:I have been able to start my own organization, Cook for Cancer. Cook for Cancer makes meals for families that have been effected by breast caner. My title has helped me advertise my organization and help it grow. I also was asked to be on the Youth Advisory Board of Corvallis, which plans events to benefit the community and that help disadvantaged youth.

Tiffany: What advice can you give to girls that want to start volunteering?
Alexandra:Volunteering is an easy thing to get started doing. You can ask your teachers or go online and search for organizations that you can volunteer for. Its so much fun and rewarding. I have also met a lot of nice people through volunteering. You should try to get your friends involved as well, the more the better.

Tiffany: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Alexandra: I would like to become an international attorney. I love public speaking, and debate . I think this would be a good career choice for my talents. I also speak some Chinese and I'm taking Spanish. My language skills would also come in handy.

Tiffany:What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Alexandra: A NAM girl is fun, creative, smart, outgoing, nice, caring, loving, involved in her community, and extra curricular activities, but most importantly is comfortable in her own skin and stays true to herself.

Tiffany: How has being involved in NAM changed your life?
Alexandra: NAM has made me a better, more outgoing person. Before I did NAM I didn't like to be on stage and talk in front of people. Now I can't get off the stage and I have no problem talking to people while on stage.

Tiffany: What advice do you have for girls that want to enter NAM?
Alexandra:NAM is an amazing pageant system. It's a fun place for experienced and non experienced people to compete. You make so many amazing friendships that will literally last a life time. It is also a good place to become comfortable with being on stage and in front of people.

Tiffany: If you could have one wish what would you wish for?
Alexandra: I wish i could fly. I could be able to see things from a new prospective and it would be so much fun!

Tiffany: How would your friends describe you?
Alexandra: My friends describe me as a crazy, outgoing, loving, nice, trustworthy, sweet, compassionate person. I love to have fun with my family and friends.

Tiffany: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Alexandra: Go for the Gold not for the Silver. Why not go to the top? Why settle for second place? This advise has pushed me to do the best no matter what I do. If I am capable of doing something I will not only do it but go above and beyond the expectations.
The 09-10 Oregon Titleholders
Alexandra making meals for families effected by breast cancer

Comments

  1. hiiiiiiiiii i went to nam and won too alexandra is right it is an awesome experience for anyone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What an Amazing Year for Miss Florida Jr. Pre-Teen!

It has been an incredible year for me my dream came true I was crowned miss Florida Jr. Preteen queen.I will never forget that moment when they were about to call the queen they had one spot left and I was shaking, all of the sudden they say your new queen is Danielle Cohn.My dream had finally came true, it was my 3rd year I went from 4th runner up to 2nd runner up to queen.I never gave up I came back every year more prepared.Being crowned Miss Florida was a dream come true.I gain a crown and I became a titleholder for my State.I have served my community and became a role model for other young girls.Best part was using my title to help out the children miracle hospital by making teddy bears and bringing them gifts on the holidays.
Then it was time for nationals in Anaheim California were I had the time of my life.I meet so many amazing queens from other states that I have gained amazing friendships with.I was able to go to Disneyland and walk the streets of Hollywood it was an amazin…

2016 NAM National's Streaming Schedule!

Want to watch Nationals? Here is the streaming schedule. You will be able to watch at www.namiss.com 2016 NAM Nationals Streaming Schedule  *All Times PST Wednesday, Nov. 23 9:00am - Princess State Queens: Formal Wear 10:00am - Princess All-American: Formal Wear 11:30am - Jr. Pre-Teen State Queens: Formal Wear 12:30pm - Jr. Pre-Teen All-American: Formal Wear 6:30pm - Princess: Red Carpet Awards Ceremony 8:15pm - Jr. Pre-Teen: Red Carpet Awards Ceremony
Thursday, Nov.24 8:15am - Pre-Teen State Queens: Formal Wear 9:00am - Pre-Teen All-American: Formal Wear 10:45am - Jr. Teen State Queens: Formal Wear 11:30am - Jr. Teen All-American: Formal Wear 12:45pm - Teen State Queens: Formal Wear 1:30pm - Teen All-American: Formal Wear 3:30pm - Car Drawing!!!
Friday, Nov. 25 8:00am - Pre-Teen: Red Carpet Awards Ceremony 12:45pm - Princess All-American: Pageant Finale 3:15pm - Jr. Pre-Teen All-American: Pageant Finale 6:00pm - Princess State Queens: Pageant Finale 8:30pm - Jr. Pre-Teen State Queens: Pageant Finale
Satu…

Ten Need to Know Tips for The Personal Introduction Competition!

The goal of personal intro is to equip you with public speaking skills.  Figuring out just what to say can be fun and challenging.  So lets break it down!
What is Required ? 
For NAM you must say the following: 1.) Your name 2.) Your Hometown (where you currently reside) 3.) What you want to be when you grow you up and/or something interesting about yourself.  It is as easy 1, 2, 3!
Can you add more to your personal introduction? The is answer is ABSOLUTELY!
You want to the tell judges and audience about you and all of your exciting hobbies and ambitions! You can share what activities you are involved in, what organizations you volunteer with and if you have won any cool awards. This is your time to stand out and show everyone how confident you are. Now here is the biggest hint of all....
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY...IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT!
The judges are not so much concerned if you tell them you like soccer over basketball. They are looking at your communication skills. You want to spe…