Nicole Renard National All-American Miss PreTeen 2008-2009

Hey NAM fans, its time to get the inside scoop on the 08-09 National All-American Miss Preteen Queen Nicole Renard. What makes this outgoing freshman tick? I can truly say that Nicole is one of a kind, I can not wait to see what her future holds!! This bubbly and beautiful preteen comes to us from the great state of Washington. Nicole is an award winning dancer, an awesome public speaker and was just elected as freshmen class president!It has been an honor to get to know the Renard family over the last several years. Nicole's successor has some BIG shoes to fill ! A Word from Nicole !! I am fourteen and a Freshman in High School. I am involved in Leadership at my school and was voted the Freshman Class President.Dancing's what I do. – I’ve been dancing since I was two. Tap is my favorite!Jesus is my #1 priority and He has a plan for every thing He does. I'm learning how to say the cat is on fire in every single language.A peacock is an epic animal and I've always wanted to touch one on the nose! It’s my favorite animal!I have a nightly routine of always eating a bowl of ice cream with my papa.I feel bad when I watch touchy movies because everyone crying and blubbering but I just cant bring myself to a single tear. I try real hard. When I'm bored I roll around on the ground and it makes my back feel better or sometimes I run around my neighborhood as fast as I can but it always seems to go slower than I think. I collect high-top shoes that are bright and vivacious. Basketball shorts are my most prized possession and they look great with em.I've always wondered why they put brail on drive-thru ATM machines?????If you want me to be hyper feed me one package of fun dip (preferably the razz-apple magic dip flavor) a dr. pepper and SOBE energy (citrus flavored) Besides the fact that I love my sister and family so much, thats about all:) Tiffany: How has your life changed since winning your national title ? Nicole: I have realized that many girls are now looking up to me and want to be who I am so I have learned to have fun with everything I do and continue to be a good role model. Tiffany: What do you like to do for fun ? Nicole: I love taking pictures!! I like going outside and taking pictures of random things and then coming back inside and editing them. Tiffany: What do you want to be when you grow up? Nicole: I want to work for Disney Pixar Animation. I want to draw and animate the characters and maybe even be the voices of them! Tiffany:What makes your state special? Nicole: Washington is a very unknown state. Not many people think there are talented girls there but I am living proof that Washington is a great place to live and there are a lot of outstanding girls. Tiffany:If you could only tell me one thing about yourself what would it be ? Nicole:I can lick my elbow. Most people say that It is humanly impossible but I can do it.haha :) Tiffany:How would your friends describe you ? Nicole:They would say I am very outgoing and crazy. On spirit days at my school even if no one dresses up, I come to school with the craziest out fit and encourage others to dress up next time! Tiffany:What is your favorite pageant competition,and what have you learned from it? Nicole:Interview. This used to be my least favorite and I used to get so nervous but I have learned so many things from doing it over and over again. I now know that I can talk with adults and not be afraid and just have a normal conversation with them and have lots of fun! Tiffany: Who is your role model? Nicole: My role model is my sister. She is always there for me and always has good feedback and helpful tips Tiffany:Finish this sentence, People would be surprised to know... Nicole:That I don’t like it when the car door handles are wet. I can’t stand touching them for some reason. Tiffany:What three words best describe you ? Nicole: I am funny, energetic and flexible Tiffany:What was the first thing you did or thought after you won your national title? Nicole:Did I seriously just make top 10, wait top 5? Wait I won??????????? I could not believe it!!! Tiffany:How did you prepare for the national pageant? Nicole:I practiced with my mom for interview and had some other people out side of my family be judges and I also practiced with my dad for formal wear. Tiffany:What is the best advice you can give to a future NAM contestant? Nicole: Live it up. Your National American Miss weekend will go by so fast and you are going to have so much fun so soak in all the advice you can get and make the best out of your experience. Tiffany:What is your favorite quote ? Nicole:"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"- Ralph Waldo Emerson Tiffany:If you were stuck on a deserted island what three things would you bring with you ? Nicole:an airplane and a toothbrush and chocolate Tiffany:What is your favorite book, TV show and Movie ? Nicole:Book: Peter and the Starcatchers, TV show: So you think you can dance, Movie: Madagascar 2 (seen it 53 times lol) Tiffany:What activities are you involved in ? Nicole:ASB leadership, Synergy performing company, young Life, campaigners Tiffany:What is the best advice you have received ? Nicole:If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at your self and make a change. –Michael Jackson Tiffany:If you had to eat one thing the rest of your life what would it be ? Nicole: Ice cream :) cookie dough flavored! Tiffany: If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be ? Nicole: Where the usual is unusual and the unusual is usual… usually Nicole and her Sister Victoria Nicole at the national pageant Behind the scenes of Nicole's queen video What an AWESOME dancer ! Let's get to know the lady responsible for this very talented Preteen... Nicole's mom Pam Renard!! I got to ask Pam some questions, on just what it is like to be Nicole's mom and what it is like to have a daughter as a national queen !!! Tiffany:What life skills has Nicole learned from being involved in NAM? Pam: Those of you that know Nicole would never believe she used to be shy. When she was little, I put her in dance hoping she would be able to overcome this. It helped some. My older daughter started to do NAM and Nicole watched from the audience. After a few yrs of watching, she decided she would like to try. It was amazing to watch her grow year after year. After 1 yr as a Jr. Pre-teen and 2 yrs as a Pre-teen, she won the National All American title. Now, she is very outgoing and friendly. She is not scared to perform on stage and speak in public. She was also elected Freshman Class President this yr. She was able to run a campaign and give her speech without any problems. After her election, she was in charge of selecting a delegate from her class. The applicants filled out an application and went through an interview. Nicole reviewed the applications and ran the interviews. It was an awesome experience for her to be on the other side of the table during the interview. I keep telling myself she is only 14!!! I am so proud of her! Tiffany: What is your favorite Pageant memory of Nicole? Pam: When she won Nationals! It was so funny to see her reaction. She was so shocked- truly! It was something we will never forget! Tiffany: Would your recommend NAM to other families? Pam: Definitely!! All ages can benefit from this experience. You not only get to present yourself on stage and in the interview, but it is also fun! They get to meet so many girls and make life long friends. Tiffany: What will your daughter take away from her NAM experience? Pam: Confidence, experience, many new friends and fun memories. Tiffany:What advice can you give to future NAM parents and contestants? Pam: Have fun! Read the guidebook and follow the rules for each age group. Prepare before you go and get organized. That way when you get there, you are ready and not stressed out. Also, be yourself, not what you think the judges want you to be!! Again…have fun!!!! Tiffany: As a parent how have you seen Nicole change after wining her national title? Pam: Nicole has really blossomed this year in many areas. NAM has given her so many opportunities!! I watched her this summer as we visited different state competitions. She made many new friends! I saw her help so many girls and give them encouragement throughout the pageant weekend. She was a true leader and role model.I also saw Nicole learn to not be afraid to be herself. She is 5’9” tall and 14 yrs old, that is pretty tall! She was 13 when she competed and probably about 5’7”. She was the tallest Pre-teen! She loves being tall now. She is getting asked to model because of her height! It’s not such a bad thing. She is honored to be chosen as the National All American Pre-Teen ! Nicole and her mom Pam !

Comments

Popular Posts