Get to know Miss New Jersey Princess!



Life has been pretty busy since being crowned your National American Miss New Jersey Princess.  This year has been filled with community service, awesome appearances, meeting new people and making new friends.

Nationals was amazing. While I did not take home the crown, I came away with one of the famous Spirit Sticks, memories to last a life time, and friends that span that the country.  I even traveled to Iowa to help one of my Sister Queens turn over her crown.

Volunteering has helped me understand that no one is too young or small to make a difference.  I have worked to promote awareness for pediatric cancer, and cancer research.  I helped build literacy awareness by reading to local preschoolers and collecting book donations for a local homeless shelter.  I was fortunate enough to participate in the Jump Rope for the Heart event with my school friends, and I loved volunteering with Special Olympics as well as at the Ronald McDonald House with my Sister Queens.  Community service was a highlight of this year, and I'm grateful to National American Miss for opening this door to me.

I also made numerous special appearances including New Jersey Devils’ Hockey game and an ice cream eating contest at the Maplewood Fourth of July Celebration.  My most favorite was throwing out the first pitch at a Trenton Thunder game. 

Through it all I had my sister Queens. How lucky am I to have such wonderful supportive NAMily!  My Big sisters for life.  I can't thank you all enough. I am going to miss you all so much.

To my mom and dad, thank you for your endless love and guidance, and keeping it real for a seven-year-old who wears a crown. To Ryan and Rebecca for being the head of the Emily fan club, you both rock!  I have the best little brother and sister. To all those who supported me, pop-pop, Uncle Jay, Grandpa, and so many more, especially National American Miss for this opportunity, I am forever grateful.

To the next crowned princess, I say “enjoy the ride”, because it goes fast and not every girl will have an opportunity like this.  National American Miss, you haven’t see the last of me.  I’m one little girl with big dreams and I’ll be back.  But until then, I’m your 2016 National American Miss new Jersey Princess, Emily Ewig.







Comments

Popular Posts