What an awesome year for Miss Florida Jr. Pre-Teen!


Cinderella once said “If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!” After two years of practice and lots of believing, especially from my Daddy, my dream really did come true! I was so lucky to have all of my grandparents and my best friend and her family there to celebrate with me! As I began my year as your Miss Florida Jr Preteen, I was ready to serve and I had some pretty big goals in mind. My first stop was to donate all of the school supplies that were given by the fabulous contestants. I was able to fill more than 100 backpacks at a back to school drive in my hometown! Then it was off to Texas as visiting royalty! I had a blast with my new friend Micah and all of the amazing Texas state finalist! Together we tried ice skating for the first time, had amazing photo shoots and I even got my very first In and Out Burger! So good by the way! When I returned home I immediately got to work collecting stuffed animals for my organization Kinsley’s Cuddles for Kids”. After an interview on WTXL news, I had donations coming in from as far always as New Jersey! Thanks to all of the support I received, I was able to surpass my goal and donate more than 500 stuffed animals to my local fire departments for them to give out to kids in scary situations! November came quickly and it was off to California where I couldn’t wait to spend a week with my Mom, Dad,  little sister and of course my NAMily! But, not without a stop on Rodeo Drive first! My Mom was in Pretty Woman heaven! Parties, Disney Land and late night key lime pie snacks were the perfect way to spend the week with some of the most amazing girls from around the USA! 

I am so thankful to National American Miss for this amazing opportunity! I loved every single minute of this past year, even the ones spent debating chicken sandwiches and the ones spent wearing a mask! Mrs. Candace and Miss Tiffany, thank you for the fun zoom Chats with my sister queens during quarantine. Mrs. LaKishia, thank you for all you do to make your girls feel like the queens that they are, even without a crown and banner! Mr and Mrs Mays, thank you for going above and beyond to make NAM the absolute best pageant system! Mrs. Chamanda, where would we be without you? Thank you for believing in me and keeping my mom in check! To my little sister, Presley, thank you for always helping me practice and letting me know when I mess up! Mommy, thank you for always making me take so many pictures so that I will always remember this year! Daddy, thank you for dressing up for every single party and for never leaving your wallet at home! To each one of my sister queens, I’m so blessed to have spent this last year with you! I love you all and can’t wait to see what your future holds! To each contestant, remember, dreams really do come true! Forever you’re 2019 Miss Florida Jr Preteen, I am, Kinsley Locke!









Comments

Popular Posts