Meet The 2013-2014 National American Miss Jr. Teen Regan Spoltman!



Hi! I am Regan Spoltman your National American Miss Jr. Teen. I am 15 years old and from Ohio.  I am a freshman at Troy Christian High School where I am on student council and a varsity football and basketball cheerleader.  I love helping people and babies, so one day I wish to become a neonatal nurse.  In my free time I like to organize, bake, and enjoy being with my two sisters and family. My family and I are so excited to be a part of NAM! 

The Crowning Moment! 

NAM: How did you get involved in National American Miss?
Regan: I got involved with NAM when I was four years old and I received a letter in the mail and decided to try it.  I have been hooked ever since! 

NAM: How did you prepare for the National Pageant?
Regan: I prepared by practicing my introduction and formal wear every single day and having my family members and others give me questions to help prepare me for interview.  
NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Regan: The best advice I have ever received was given to me from my parents and that is to always be you because it is more important to be an original than to be a copy.  
NAM:What quote, motto, or scripture best describes you?
Regan: My favorite quote is “Sisters are God’s way of showing you He doesn’t want you to walk alone”   This describes me because my sisters are always there for me and I know God put them in my life for a reason.  
NAM:What are your plans for the future?
Regan: My future plans are to graduate from the University of Kentucky with a degree in neonatal nursing.
Volunteering with Ohio State Titleholders!


NAM: What activities are you involved in?
Regan: I am involved in Student Council and varsity cheerleading, 

NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Regan: For fun, I like cheering, tumbling, baking, and just hanging out. 

NAM: What is one item you can’t live without?
Regan: My Bible is the one thing I cannot live without because no matter what happens I can always look in God’s Word to help me know what to do.

NAM: Who is your role model?
Regan: My mom is my role model because she is always helping others and putting others before herself, I want to be like her when I get older

NAM: What is your favorite TV show? 
Regan: My favorite TV show is Love it or List It.

The Top Model Contest at the NAM National Pageant!

NAM: What is the biggest misconception about your generation? 
Regan: The biggest misconception I think people have is that we don’t put effort or care about  anything.

NAM: What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
Regan: The funniest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was in the 3rd grade, my friend was joking around with me and jerked on my pants and she accidentally pulled a little too hard and they fell to my ankles!  Luckily, I had on a long shirt. 

NAM: If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
Regan: My three wishes would be to make a difference in someone’s life, for health and happiness, and to have three more wishes.

NAM: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Regan: Australia to have the opportunity to go snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Regan: A NAM girl is someone who helps others, peruses her dreams, and wants to help her community 

Family Time at Nationals! 

NAM: If you could be on the cover of any Magazine what would it be? 
Regan: I would be on the cover of Taste of Home cooking magazine for the best chocolate chip cookies

NAM: If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things could you not live without?
Regan:  Food, water, and my Bible.

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Regan: My Bible is my most prized possession because no matter what situation I am going through I can always go to God for help and read about the stories and situations the people in the Bible have gone through in order to help me.

NAM: How would your friends describe you?
Regan: My friends would describe be as being honest, sincere, and helpful.

NAM: How are you making a difference in your community?
Regan: I plan on making a difference by going on mission trips with my school to serve others and by working with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in order to find a cure for diabetes


Highschool Cheer Squad!

NAM: What is your favorite childhood memory? 
Regan: My favorite Childhood memory is when my grandparents took everyone in the family to Florida for a week where we all stayed in a big house and grew closer together while having a lot of fun!

NAM: If you could go back in time and be at any historical event what would it be?
Regan: I would go back in time to when Jesus did all of His miracles such as making the blind man see because to be able to see that happen in person would be amazing!! 

NAM: If you could go back in time and meet one person, who would it be and why?
Regan: I would love to meet my great grandma Ruby to get all her cooking recipes

NAM: What is your favorite book? and why?
Regan: “The Hunger Games” series because it always keeps you on the edge of your seat. 

NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Regan: I like to shop at Hollister or Aeropostle and this cute boutique in my hometown called Merchant 31.

With my little sisters!

NAM:Who or what inspires you most?   
Regan: A boy I went to school with named, Robbie.  He has had at least three open heart surgeries and through all of his challenges, he remains one of the most positive, sweet and nice individuals I know. 

NAM: What have you learned about yourself since competing in pageants?
Regan: I have learned that my greatest achievement is not winning but all of the amazing people I have met along the way and will be in my life for a lifetime. 

NAM: What is your definition of success? 
Regan: Success is setting a goal for yourself and working to achieve it.

NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Regan: No matter what you do in life, always be the beautiful person God has created you to be.  Each of you have a path that has been created for you and things will come into your life at the exact moment they should.

NAM: What things do you hope to accomplish during your year of service?
Regan: I hope to accomplish meeting as many new friends as I can also to inspire girls to step out of their comfort zone because no matter your age you can make a difference.



After Personal Introduction at nationals!

NAM: What would you like to be doing 10 years from now?
Regan: In 10 years I will be 25 years old, so I hope to have graduated college and started into my career and have found my Prince Charming

NAM: If someone could live your life for a week, what would they find most interesting?
Regan: Living in a house of three girls is always interesting.  I have to admit I feel sorry for my dad on some days. 

NAM: What is the best compliment you have ever received? 
Regan: That I gave someone else the confidence to compete in NAM.

with my Ohio Princess Queen!

Regan Spoltman The 2013-2014 National American Miss Jr.Teen


Comments

  1. What a wonderful, confident, inspiring person. Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you and love you with all our heart!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty young lady stay confident and happy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring ! I have found my new inspiration ! I have gotten a letter recently and I was unsure if I could fit the part, now I'm confident and will take that opportunity to my own benefit. Thank you so much !! Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What type of interviews did u go through and who interviewed you??

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is thinking of competing this year and has never done anything like this before. In what way do you think NAM and your pageant experiences has benefitted and changed you? Congratulations and thank you for any advice you can give her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts