It's Been a Great Year for the 2010 National American Miss Florida Princess!



Dear Contestants, Family and Friends,


In July 2010, I realized my dreams really could come true, when I was crowned the Miss Florida Princess queen.  “Miracles Happen” played in the background as bubbles slowly drifted down.  I couldn’t believe it was happening to me, as this was my very first pageant and I was living my dream right on the stage!

What a busy year it has been!  I raised money for the charity “Locks of Love”, which I had been involved with since I donated 10” of my hair back in 2008.  I was able to visit their headquarters and learned how they make wigs for children with cancer or alopecia.  I also volunteered by serving breakfast to the homeless and participated in a charity walk against blindness.  The Governor of Florida recognized me for my charitable work and achievements with National American Miss.  And last fall, I rode in a convertible in my hometown parade … what an honor that was!

The highlight of my year was attending the National pageant in Anaheim, California.  I was able to go to Disneyland, Thanksgiving dinner, fun rehearsals and met some wonderful friends along the way!  I also spent some time with my wonderful sister queens.  What a special week it was not only to have my family by my side, but my grandma and two aunts who flew in from Pennsylvania and Arizona.

I am so proud to have had the honor of representing Florida this year and would like to thank Steve and Kathleen Mayes, LaKishia and everyone at National American Miss.  A special thanks goes to my parents, sisters Madison and Sydney, and Grandma and Papa Colombo; without you I wouldn’t have achieved this wonderful dream!

To all the contestants, dream big and believe in yourself.  I hope you have fun and make lots of friends along the way.  To my successor, enjoy your year … I hope it will be as magical as mine!



Olivia Scullion
2010-11 Florida Princess Queen



Comments

Popular Posts